Over 700 billion minutes are spent each month on Facebook.
Tim Chester has some wise thoughts on Facebook, the good, the bad and the potentially dangerous here and here.
Below are some of the warning signs that Facebook (and twitter, blogs ….) might have a control on us they ought not to:
- Do you check your Facebook page more than once or twice a day?
- Do you spend more than 20 minutes a day on Facebook?
- Do you find it difficult to imagine a day without technology?
- Have you ever read a text or gone online during our gathering?
- Have you stayed up beyond your normal bedtime because you were on Facebook or playing online games?
- Do you use your mobile phone during meals or keep it in the bedroom?
3 thoughts on “Will you be my Facebook friend?”
And here and here and here and here and here:
“Here is the test: Am I using Facebook to enhance real world friendships or to replace them?”
Hi James, So far I can only find parts 1-6 of Tim’s article links to which are scattered through this blog. I can’t get your link to part-7 to work – is that just eager anticipation on your behalf?
Pingback: Social media and churches « WHATEVER IS COMMENDABLE