March 13, 2013 • 10:40 am
February 19, 2013 • 4:50 pm
Alan Witchalls has produced a really helpful infographic on Social Media and Churches which you can download here as a pdf. I would imagine this would be a helpful resource if you also wanted to read this from Tim Chester, parts of which you can find online here and by following the links.
Filed under: On the links, facebook, visual theology
February 6, 2013 • 11:08 am
Here is a helpful info-graphic on the order of and purpose of creation by Josh Byers. Josh intends to release a new graphic weekly for each book of the Bible so it may be worth bookmarking his site here.
Filed under: On the links, visual theology
January 29, 2013 • 2:43 pm
Just in time for the South East Gospel Partnership Annual Conference, a new website has been launched by the gospel partnerships to support the churches involved throughout the UK. You can find it by clicking here, and it may be a site to bookmark for future reference.
Filed under: On the links
January 21, 2013 • 9:09 am
Science a personal view from St Helen’s Church on Vimeo.
St Helen’s Bishopsgate have produced a series of videos with a number of of Christians who are scientists explaining how their faith makes sense of science.
Watch the video above for an overview or click here for a full list of all of the videos in the series.
Filed under: Apologetics, On the links, science
January 8, 2013 • 11:38 am
With most free electronic versions of the NIV you have to be connected to the internet to view them. During the month of January, You Version are providing the NIV to download so that you can read it whilst offline.
It’s available for iPhone/ iPad / Android / Symbian / Kindle / Windows Phone / 8 and a few other platforms so it’s likely you’ll be able to run it on your device. You can go about doing that by clicking here.
Filed under: On the links, bible helps, bible reading
December 17, 2012 • 11:37 am
So what ought we to do in the face of the likely introduction of gay marriage? Here are some suggestions by FIEC National Director, John Stevens from an article he has written here:
1. We ought to anticipate that gay marriage will be introduced
2. We need to face up to the reality that we are not a “Christian” country
3. We need to take a long-term perspective
4. We need to stand firm on the biblical teaching about homosexuality
5. We need to exercise biblical church discipline against those who support sexual sin and refuse to repent
6. We have no option but to practice civil disobedience
7. We should expect that we will face criticism, investigation and persecution
8. We need to take pre-emptive action to protect our churches against potential threats
9. We need to speak prophetically to our nation about the reality of sin and the coming judgement of God
10. We need to be committed to the work of prayer and evangelism
Filed under: Culture, Marriage & Family, On the links
December 6, 2012 • 8:31 am
December 4, 2012 • 4:08 pm
The excellent Milton Jones on “What does Christmas mean to you?” for Channel 4′s 4thought.
[HT Timothy Titus]
Filed under: Culture, On the links, christmas, milton jones
November 23, 2012 • 11:06 pm